- My day started off around 5:45 this morning. I woke slightly, tried to readjust a pillow, and knocked this computer off the stand it’s been on, so got up to make sure I hadn’t destroyed it. Use the restroom, and realized it was later than I’d’ve gotten up if I was working today.
- Popped in a Highlander video (yeah, VHS), expecting to watch a quick 10-minute blooper reel, but it was the “Highlander: Behind the Scenes” special, so that was about 45 minutes. A bit of reading, some putzing around, and now I’m definitely up for the day–at least until/unless I take a nap later.
- Getting ready to get around for the day. Figure head up toward my parents’; get an oil change; get stuff to make some “mexican cornbread,” and hopefully spend much of the afternoon working on a new/addition-to photobook. Re-sharing the old one with Eric last night has definitely re-inspired me as to the worthwhile-ness of the project; though I doubt it’ll be completed for another couple weeks.
- I have High School Musical 3 songs stuck in my head. Thursdy night was curious as to when HSM3 would be out on DVD; decided to look it up. Turns out it’s due out this upcoming Tuesday–which is rather cool. Unfortunately, nothing yet that I see regarding any kind of 3-pack. And so I have NO real intention of purchasing this. If there were a $10 single-case trilogy pack (or given the new-ness, even $20) I MIGHT consider it. But I will NOT pay $20 for just one or two of the HSM films.
- My review of Tales of the TMNT #55 was noticed last week by Dan Berger, the TMNT webmaster over at ninjaturtles.com. And the writer of Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade linked to my review of #3 as well.
- Work is definitely getting to me–too often, I find myself thinking in terms of “efficiency.” Whether it’s throwing food into the microwave and THEN putting the rest of the groceries away (so the food can heat as I’m productively putting stuff away, then can eat quickly and get on with evening plans) or scanning/processing/uploading cover images to cX hoping they can be approved lightning-quick while I get the rest of my cover images scanned/processed and uploaded to my webspace for CRBW, or just whatever.
- I’ve been thinking about switching some webhosting stuff around, and seeing if I can simply point waltkneeland.com to my reviews site, and let that be my primary site. Unfortunately, to do so would require editing 100+ reviews so I don’t lose the cover images associated with each. Assuming I decide to do that, it’ll probably be another month or two, and begin with playing with uploading to wordpress, and seeing how the files are stored and such. Ideally a consistent path with just the image name itself changing–that would make it relatively simple, provided I can mass-upload.
- ‘Nuff rambling…I”m out.